Wednesday 26 September 2007

Interview at the AFCO...


Today was my filter at the Armed Forces Career Office in Portsmouth. I wore my best suit and tried to remember as much as I could about aircraft and bases. The website 'the student room' has some excellent tips on preparation for the interview, especially one post where the guy just posted all of his interview questions, you can view it here.

The first section is indeed all about you, your school, your achievements etc. I got home and realised that I had missed so much out. The next section takes a look at why you want to join the Air Force. Some of these questions really threw me.
-Why the air force? (As opposed to other forces?)
-What does an officer do?
-What are the secondary roles of an officer? (Organising social events, etc.)
-How do you feel about carrying a live weapon?
-Why are we in Iraq?

Well, I must have done O.K. because she recommended that I go up to Cranwell. I'm just waiting for the date now. I guess that means fitness, fitness, fitness, as well as current affairs and operations. She told me that knowledge of aircraft is not exactly what they're looking for, just a willingness to learn and a general interest.

No comments: